Shonlee - Austin, Texas

When I was twelve years old I was really close to my great grandmother and I stayed at her apartment with her almost every weekend. I loved her more than anything. One day my great grandmother tripped and fell and had to be rushed to the emergency room. Once the doctors had finished doing all of the tests that needed to be done the nurse came out. The nurse went on to tell us that they had found a blood clot in her lungs and that they were going to have to keep her in ICU.

One morning I woke up to the phone ringing and when I answered the phone it was a lady from the hospital asking to speak to my mother. When my mom got off the phone she told me that my great grandmother was not doing very well. I asked to go see her but my mom had a really important business meeting and said we would go in the morning.

I believe that we are never promised tomorrow. I believe that we should always live our lives as if it were our last day because we don’t know when our last day really will be. I think that if you live your life holding grudges or saying “I will do it tomorrow” you will be missing out a lot on life.

Most people don’t take the time to realize that there may not be a tomorrow. I know that I never really took the time to think about it. I never started to think about it until my great grandmother was in the hospital. My mom and I ended up going to see my great grandmother the day the doctor called. If we would have waited until the next morning like we were planning on I would have never gotten to see her again or tell her goodbye.

After she died I sat there and thought about everything. At that point in my life is when I started to realize and to believe that we are not promised tomorrow. Just the thought of not knowing whether or not tomorrow is going to come makes me want to make things right with everyone for everything. I don’t want to be one that holds grudges over something not worth it and have to live with regrets for the rest of my life.

I believe that you should give everyone a chance and even give people second chances so that you know everything is right and you have no regrets if there really is no tomorrow.