Melanie - LaGrange Park, Illinois

I believe what goes around comes around, or in other words, karma. I feel that if you do something good, something good will happen to you. If you do or say something mean, again, something mean will happen back to you. Even if it takes time you will somehow get what you deserve, depending on your actions.

In my life I have had my share of good and bad times where Karma has definitely come into play. Even if they were minor things, in someway I got a dose of my own medicine. For example, recently, I was going downtown with some friends for my birthday and there was a homeless man with a cute golden retriever asking for money so he and his dog could get food. Feeling sorry for the man I gave him about 3 dollars and with a smile he took the money. Low and behold that was one of the best birthdays I have ever had, it was warm, the water was perfect, and I got a good tan. Over all it was a beautiful day. When we were walking back again the man had 2 hamburgers, one for his dog and on for himself looking really happy. I think that on this day karma came into play. I did something nice for the man and in exchange I had a great day.

Karma had worked in a good way but this is not always the case. Last year I was walking down the hall way here at school and a boy I do not really know shoved me out of the way going to talk to his friends. This obviously wasn’t a very nice thing to do and he kind of hurt me! About ten seconds later I saw the boy trip over himself and fall on the ground. Now he didn’t hurt himself but you could tell he was really embarrassed. This clearly shows that what goes around comes around. He did something mean to me and he got what he deserved done onto himself.

Karma appears in everyday life. It shows no sympathy so things you do will always end up catching up to you in some way or form. I feel that Karma plays a major role in my life as in everyone else’s. So you better watch what you do!

Word count: 399