Emanuel - USA

I believe that everything happens for a reason. The word coincidence does not exist for me. Everything that happens throughout the day is all part of a grand plan of events that are scheduled to occur. From great catastrophes or enormous triumphs and victories to everyday happenings, these are all part of a greater plan.

Yet, can a plan exist without a planner? Yes, I believe that there is a planner; a great architect who designed and built this world the way it is now. The complexity of our world is far too vast for me to not believe in a planner, designer, and creator. I believe that this creator made a plan for everything and everyone.

Even though we might not always understand why things happen the way they do, a reason still exists for these things. Sometimes we see the reasons later, sometimes we don’t, but all that happens fits into the pattern of a grand design.

This design includes love. I believe in the power of love. Because of love, people go out to Africa, South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia to fight poverty, sickness, and disease. Because of love, people work together to accomplish a common goal. Through love, an enemy can be turned into a friend, yet without love, the human race could destroy itself.

Along with love go kindness, patience, and passion. Passion being the one I admire most. In order to live this life to its full potential, we must have passion for something. Passion for our beliefs, passion for our talents, and passion for whatever we do. Passion adds a very colorful and vivacious tint to life.

But where am I pulling all these qualities out of? Going back to my belief in a creator, I believe that he left behind some basic rules and teachings that tell us how to live life in order to get the most out of it. These basic rules are found in the Bible, which I believe is inspired by the Creator. The love, kindness, patience, and passion I spoke of; these qualities are all based on the Bible. Jesus Christ, whom according to the Bible is God’s only Son, was the perfect example of each one of these qualities.

Therefore, my life revolves around my faith in the Bible. The content of this Bible is the source of my strength, the source of my passion, and the source for everything good in me. I live for this and because of this.

Other things I believe in are purity, organization, and restraint. These are all Bible-based beliefs, of course. Purity, to me, is sexual abstinence before marriage. I believe in saving myself for my future wife. Organization, I believe, is the only way to get anything accomplished. I believe in restraint because in order to live this life in peace, we must many times restrain ourselves from doing or saying things that our sometimes-corrupt minds think of.

I guess I could go on forever and describe what I believe. But to sum it all up, the Bible sets the standard for how I should live and for who I am to be. So, what do I believe in? Look in the Bible, and you’ll find your answer.