Alexandra - LaGrnge Park, Illinois

Can miracles really occur? < Have you ever witnessed a miracle? I have witnessed an incredible miracle that has changed my approach/ to disastrous events. (gesture) < I believe that one should never lose faith in someone or something. You never know/, miracles can happen. It all started when my cousin Crissy was driving home from college in Iowa with a friend of hers at night. A small animal appeared in front of Crissy’s car. Crissy swerved to avoid hitting the rodent and her car flipped three times off the highway/ and crashed/ onto a bolder down the hill. Crissy was on the side of the car that landed on the boulder, causing Crissy to have s e v e r e brain damage. Crissy managed to crawl out of the car, while her friend (who only suffered a few cuts and bruises) called for help. Crissy was airlifted to a hospital in Peoria, Illinois. There, at the hospital, the doctors told Crissy’s parents that she most likely, would not make it through the night. Crissy’s parents did not lose faith in Crissy and the next morning//, she was still a l i v e. The doctor’s were shocked at this and they preformed ^ three brain operations on Crissy (one of which involved removing a piece her skull for several days) and several neck and back operations. The doctors said that it would be a miracle if Crissy made it through the week. The doctors told us that if Crissy did survive, she might be p e r m a n e n t l y p a r a l y z e d from the neck down and have p e r m a n e n t b r a i n d a m a g e. This obviously terrified all of us in Crissy’s family; however, we all, still, were determined not to lose hope on Crissy. Crissy was a fighter and we knew that she had to make it. All we could do was pray that she survived. Our prayers were soon answered better than we could have hoped for. You see, when Crissy was born, she was born with an abnormal space between two of her vertebras. The impact hit on the abnormal space between her vertebrae’s and saved Crissy from being paralyzed. Crissy began to get better both mentally and physically, extremely fast. Just one month after Crissy had been airlifted to the hospital, she walked out of that hospital past all the doctors who thought she would never live, < much less walk ever again. Crissy is now mentally normal and physically fine. The doctors all say in response to Crissy’s accident “We have witnessed an a b s o l u t e m i r a c l e.” Crissy’s family never stopped praying for her. We never lost faith in her that she would not make it through this crisis. Crissy proved to her family that one should never/ lose faith. This event changed my views on being optimistic and hopeful. I realized that it is the ones who push through and never stop fighting, that prove// one can make it in this life. We can never give up on people/ and most importantly//, we can never lose faith.