Kara - Brookfield, Illinois

I Believe

There are many things I believe in. All of my experiences, memories and lessons have shaped my beliefs through out my life. But there is ONE belief that has always seemed to stick out in my mind. It can save a life,/ ruin your day/ and shape our future.// I believe that timing changes our lives everyday. I have ^always^ believed that timing is everything. “If it only would have happened a few minutes sooner, if I would have waited a little longer.” You can’t control it and there’s no real reason why it turned out that way. Now that I think back on everything that I couldn’t give a good reason why it happened, or how it wasn’t just coincidence that something went right, I can confidently say that timing tie’s into our everyday lives in ways that can’t be explained, but always seem to work in a series of events.

In the past year my older sister has had many different pets. One that she will always remember was her little chiuaua dog Ozzy. She bought him when he was only a few months old and had him for almost a year before he was struck by a car and died. The ironic thing about the whole situation was all In the timing. She noticed that she hadn’t seen the dogs around the house/ and when she heard barking from outside she went to check if it was them. When she looked out the front door she saw her black lab boy in the front yard barking but she didn’t see Ozzy anywhere. She went in the front yard and began to call her little dog Ozzy, but he was n o w h e r e t o b e s e e n. She kept calling and eventually she saw him run out from behind one of the house’s down the block and across the street. He happily ran to her waging his tail. But just as he began across the street a car flew through the intersection, ignoring the stop sign and struck Ozzy. He didn’t die instantly but his 8 lb body had >no chance against a 2 ton car>. He died a short time later.// Over and over my sister asked herself why it happened when it did. She always thought “if”, “If I would have came out just a few seconds sooner”, “If I would have waited just a few minutes longer” although she’ll never find the answer to these questions she still wonders why she came out at exactly the time she did. I BELIEVE that timing plays a role in what we do every day and can change our lives in a second.