Patrick - lagrange, Illinois
Themes: work

I believe in hard work and dedication. I believe that if a person truly wants something and is willing to work at it, they will succeed. I have been taught this my whole life and I have tried to live this way the best that I can. I have also never met a person who has sincerely tried there hardest and not succeeded.

I know this may sound very generic but I think that the place where I really learned how to apply this concept is the football field. I have been playing football since I was in 5th grade and I have loved every minute of it. The one thing about football is that you have to give your all all the time, because if you do not, your opponent is going to beat embarrass you. Last year was my first year of playing high school football, and it was a great experience for me on a social and athletic level. I met many new people who became my close friends, and I also had a great year of football. The season started off with one hundred and ten kids on the team, and only twenty two people get to play in the game. Our coach’s philosophy was to run the team until he was able to find the people who were truly dedicated to the team. Luckily I was one of those people that were able to stick it out. The season was pretty much the same thing, with every player dreading the same words every day “Alright line it up on the goal line.” which meant it was time for conditioning. However what none of us knew was that all of this would soon pay off in the end. The season went great, with our team winning game after game after game all due to us being able to stick it out longer than the other team. Soon the season was over and out team had finished a stunning 9 wins and 0 losses which I rest solely on our coaches pushing us every practice with every extra sprint to be the best that we could and would be.

I believe in hard work and dedication. This story shows that if you work hard and dedicate yourself to what you do you will succeed, and if you do not you will have to be able to deal with failure.