Jim - Indian Head Park, Illinois
Themes: change

Many of you out there force the people you know and care about to change their lifestyles, habits, even personalities, but odds are if you are forcing them they won’t change. I believe that people can change but they first have to want to change or else they will stay the same ort it’s possible for them to become worse than they already are.

In order for a person to change they have to want to change. If they don’t make the conscious decision to change their ways then it will be almost impossible to force them and make any progress. For example, if a person you know was trying to get you to become more responsible, the pressure they put upon you could cause you to become stressed and lead you to become even more irresponsible. Let’s say you choose to take your time and work out your irresponsible attributes in a fashion that works for you, over time your would become better at it and grow to be a better person.

Time, it takes a time for a person to change, it is near impossible for someone to become completely different overnight, especially if there is a major issue they need to deal with. Most people cannot deal with a major instantaneous change which could also place a certain amount of stress upon them.

I believe that it is possible for people to change, but the change must come willingly and it is next to impossible for the change to occur instantly or in a brief period of time.