Breanna - Howell, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

Living Life to the Fullest

Living life to the fullest isn’t the easiest thing for people to do. Some get caught up in day to day pity problems, problems that won’t even matter in a day or two.

My uncle Dave and an acquaintance Darryl have shown me how important it is to live life. They both over the last year have passed away in tragic deaths. My uncle healthy as can be was bike riding in Italy, was hit by a car and killed instantly. Darryl also healthy as can be was at work working on towers fell off and did instantly as well. I’m sure the both of them have no regrets in life however.

My uncle did almost everything he ever wanted to do. He was very high up in General Motors. On the day he died he was actually going to be announced as the vice president of Power Euro-Train. So he succeeded in his job as well, but he succeeded in life even more. My uncle did everything to the fullest. When living in Italy he tried everything that he ever wanted to do. He went rock climbing, skiing in the mountains (which were basically in his backyard) and bike riding in the mountains. That was the three things he loved to do. Not only did he partake in sports he loved but he was just the kindest. He never was too caught up in work to exclude his family out for the evening. He was always in a great mood, I never saw him gloomy about something, and he was smiling. He showed me and his family how to enjoy life and how to go about what life deals to you in a positive way.

My acquaintance Darryl also was full of life. You couldn’t ever be mad at him because if you ever where he would just sit there smiling and laughing because you were so mad at him. Then you’d start to laugh and smile and forget you were even mad at him. As well as my uncle you’d never see Darryl in a bad mood, never have I ever. He was always happy, smiling and laughing, enjoying life.

These two men have shown me they way life should be lived. My uncle died at 45 and Darryl at 23, both healthy. I believe that life should be lived to the fullest; enjoying everything that life gives you the opportunity to do. You don’t know how long you have to live on this earth so I believe that you should live life with no regrets but learn from the mistakes.