Frank - Tacoma, Washington

I believe that being of service helps the soul. I believe that being of service to people whether a single task like shoveling a neighbor’s walk or a project like helping teach children to read, readies the soul for experiencing god. Service puts our minds in the right perspective of humility and respect so that we may hear the quite voice for god speaking to us. Our ego so frequently wants us to see ourselves as superior and mighty and therefore separate, even when our mind tells us, we are just one more human being. But god doesn’t see us that way. God tells us though all faiths that we are one. And the way to recognize that, is though service to each other. Just as our hand services our cheek when it’s itchy, our mind can acknowledge its unity to another by instructing our body to act for that person’s benefit. That action does more than speak to that person of kindness, it conditions us to see our unity with them, and to see our united cause of bringing everyone together. Service is an action that conditions our mind to experience god.