Melissa - USA

I believe in music as a way of helping you cope. There are all kinds of different music. Hard, soft, happy, sad, and all different genres.

When I feel stressed out or angry or upset, the thing I like to do is just sit down and listen to my i pod. When I listen to music, it calms me down. I think music is a way of letting out everything inside you. When I am listening to music, it helps me deal with the situation I am in, and makes me feel better. I have had times in my life where I wanted to do stupid things that would have bad consequences. I WANTED TO THROW THINGS, PUNCH THINGS, just destroy things,< which I probably would have done if I didn’t just sit down, and calm myself down with my i pod. I believe that if you just sit/ and relax/ and listen,/ that music will help you overcome the situation that you are in. I have had times in my life where I did not know what to do, or who to turn to, or what to say.< I was basically just lost. Like when my grandma died. Her death was unexpected, and shocked everyone. The only thing that I knew to do, that would calm me down/ was to listen to music. I listened to music that said what I was feeling. The music said what I was to afraid to say. I believe that the music helped me feel better and helped me know what to do next. Music, to me, is essential for healing. I believe that when you listen to music, that it helps clear your mind/ and helps you think more clearly. Now maybe you do not want to just sit down and listen to music. I also believe that playing music helps make you feel better. I believe that we should all try just listening to music to calm ourselves down. When you are stressed, or freaked out about something, you should try to express yourself through music,/ you will be surprised on how much better it can make you feel.