Scott - Livonia, Michigan

In Pursuit of Success

Following your dreams is about more than simply wishing your aspirations to life. It’s about action. Willing yourself to pursue your hopes and dreams through thick more so than thin. I personally believe experiencing challenges along the way is the most exciting and fulfilling factor of accomplishment.

I have always wanted to acquire a career as a professional pilot ever since I was very young. The path in the sky to aviation is long and tenuous. Bad choices not only cost in dollars, but in lengths of time. One of the biggest challenges I’ve had so far is financially covering educational expenses. All work and no play you could say. I’ve been saving every penny due to the fact that aviation is not an inexpensive career choice when learning as a civilian.

I also believe that the ends are only justified by the means at the point where they meet to form a whole, not a partially complete fragment resulting only in desire. Desire without doing is only a distant wish. Action is the difference that separates success from surrender. Those who never act upon their aspirations are one hundred percent more likely never to reach them.

For me, it took months just to find the best flight school. I spent endless hours researching almost every aspect of aeronautical education before comparing over twenty different schools. Without action I never would have found what I was looking for. Due diligence is what made the difference between me flying and merely wanting to fly.

If action is the first step to achieving success then commitment is next in line. Without dedication success cannot be obtained. There are many different levels of commitment. Only those who concern themselves enough to apply commitment are concerned with obtaining accomplishment. That is why commitment goes hand in hand with success.

My commitments to achieving my goals are most always total and complete. For me, devoting my life to the accomplishment of my objectives is a small fee for never having to feel regret.

Action and commitment are just two of the qualities considered necessary to be victorious in the pursuit of success. Many other qualities are also required. A positive attitude benefits immensely. Self disciplines as well as control over your own emotions are also of great assistance. There’s a never-ending list of traits that ease the progress of success.

What matters most in the pursuit of success may possibly be spiritual enlightenment all the way over to mere financial standing. I believe it is the pursuit in itself. To me, without calculated risk there is no reward worth striving for. Lastly, I wish to everyone that reads this endless blessing in their own pursuit of success.