Lorraine - Ashburn, Virginia

There is a Creator: This I Believe

There is a Creator – This I believe. He made all creatures great and small for all to share the gift of life. From the wild beasts of the field, to the creatures of the deep. The birds of the heavens – Oh! So many – trees and bees and butterflies.

Among the domestic is man’s best friend. A bark, a purr, a slither, a chirp. Flying, walking, creeping, crawling – such diversity of life to see. The sun, the moon, the starry skies. A universe so vast. Celestial bodies adorn the night. An eagle sores, a lion roars, a humming bird glitters like a winged gem in the morning light. No mere accident could this be. Evidence of intelligent design is seen. There is a Creator – This I believe.

Who is this Master Architect? Whose works I do detect. Who is nature’s patent holder? Can his presence be ever bolder? There is a Creator – this I believe. His name the psalmist has made known. In the 83rd chapter and 18th verse. A name he has – This, I now know. Long before Columbus set sail, there was a tale that the Earth was round. Men of old, told the tale, to no avail. Before Armstrong and Hubble, men still had trouble, believing that the Earth ‘hangs on nothing’. No backs of turtle’s or atlas grand. Just the signature of the Master’s hand. There is a Creator – This I believe.

This beautiful blue ball holds such awe. There is a Creator – This I believe. All around, his qualities are seen. With Love, Wisdom, Justice and Power all things are showered. Beaming forth like rays of light. Empowering the mind. Soothing the heart. Enriching the soul. In his image man is made. Ever discerning, constantly yearning the knowledge barrier to breach. Mimicking his designs through biomimetics, and creative esthetics. Learning from nature will never cease! Pushing the boundaries of microbiology and space technology. Perceptive, assertive, with intelligent thought. Always striving, forever thriving – Not just surviving. But, caring. Sharing. Able to love. Able to reason that in every season, life is worth living! This, I do believe.

Life is worth living – simple or thrilling – for all its variety, despite its complexities, and sometime downward trajectory. A great gift – this life – it truly is! This, I do believe. Marvels abound the world around. Still, so much there is to learn about the Grand Creator. This, I do believe. So much to unravel through physical and spiritual travels. No more doubt for me to shout. There is a Creator – This I believe.