Patricia - fatetteville, New York
Themes: tolerance

I Believe essay

In our lives, there are always difficult moments that we have to go through in a period of time, not only one, but many.

I believe that we all can learn from our experiences and our own mistakes. They make us stronger. We all make mistakes sometime in our lives, its part of what we are, we aren’t perfect, no one really is. But mistakes aren’t always bad. If one didn’t do things wrong, we wouldn’t understand or respect each other. This would be a boring place if we all were perfect.

I have made many mistakes throughout my short life, that I am not too proud about. But I did learn from them all. One of the most important things that I have learned over the course of the years, is that we shouldn’t judge anyone for what they look like, they can end up being just like you. We should first get to know someone better, and maybe, we will discover that the person is much different than what we though, and a good friend. Another thing that I learned is how important friends can be in difficult moments. Good friends are always there for each other. They are like our strength, or maybe like food, when we are hungry, we just o to our kitchen and look for something in the refrigerator. With a friend, they give you strength when needed, when you are down, and they understand you, that’s the good thing about having real friends. They are the ones that are there for you no matter what, not the ones that you just hang out with, but when it comes to the moment of truth, they run away from you.

Many people don’t know what its like when everyone keeps judging you for what they think you are. When I came to United States, I hardly knew English, everything sounded to me as the Chinese can sound to an American. People kept judging me for who they though I was and for the comments they had heard about my country.

After this, when I started to speak better the language, everyone saw that I was different. I wasn’t the quiet girl anymore, the one that would always stay at the back of the room alone, I was me. I have lived in two different countries without counting mine. Everything is so different and people are too, but this made me be stronger, the experiences I wont ever forget.

This were few of the things that made me stronger, and many others, but, those are just too many things to say in a piece of paper.

These two things, mistakes and experiences, are variables from the same theme. That is learning from something that you have lived. This, I believe.