Robert - LaGrange, Illinois
Themes: sports

I Believe in Sports.

I believe in sports. It has always been there for me and always been a friend to me. Ever since I was a child some type of sport was one of the center points of my life. Sports can work magical things for countless individuals. Sports bring the whole world together, even when there is serious tensions between the two nations competing, like the FIFA World Cup for example. Sports can bring families and friends together for a nice barbeque in respect for the big game. Sports can make new friends when sitting in the parking lot cooking up a pre-game meal while tail gating. Sports can give us a time to relax and forget about all the problems in the world and just have a good time like we’re meant to. Sports can make us feel the excitement and happiness that we are meant to feel. Sports teach children extremely important social skills such as communication, cooperation, discipline and leadership. Our country would be a lost cause if we didn’t have these types of communication skills. What is more fun than sitting at you’re sons little league game listening to parents freaking out about the umpires bad call? Sports are a time for us to let off our steam in a non-violent way. Sports have a unique attribute that most other types of events don’t have. Sports are fun. Whether one is successful or not with sports, they are always fun. Whether your team is winning the championship, or losing the division, sports are fun. Whether you are the best player or not, sports are fun. I believe in sports. The way the neighbors and family will gather in the bleachers to watch Johnny, Billy, Mike or Bob play the big game. I believe in the happiness that surrounds the whole playing field. I believe in the social skills and cooperation skills that are vital for this world’s functioning that are taught in sports. I believe in the dropping of differences to gather as one whole people, the way we are meant to live every day of every year, to participate in competitive, cooperative game play. Whether or not the world put aside its differences soon, I feel a little better knowing that I will always have a medium where I am on the same level of composure as all the people in the world. I believe in sports.