Mohamed - weston, Florida

I believe in life and death. What is life; it can be described with so many words. Is it love, success, or your soul? There are so many different questions and answers that could be given about life. Life and death are closely related and there are also many diverse issues and responses pertaining to death. Is life what you do until you die or do you truly begin to live after you leave this world?

I don’t mean life is useless, and the party starts once you have passed away but rather you work hard and do well in this life to achieve a far superior life after death. I believe if there was no death there would be no life and vice versa. Life leads up to a final inevitable judgment after death that determines the type of lifestyle each person has lived. It is this judgment in the life after dearth that keeps us committing good deeds, going to religious functions, and helping others.

When I went to my first funeral in Africa, for the death of my father’s father, I realized that life will always come to an end no matter how good it is, and our bodies are put into the ground and our names are soon forgotten. Life begins once you are six feet under and your cash is replaced with good deeds and the clothes on your back are replaced by the friendship and courtesy you had.

Life is the period of animate existence of an individual and death is the end of life. You live your life with high morals to attain a better being after death and not be punished. Death is the fearful calculation of your life’s total actions that keeps your life under complete supervision. If there was no death then people would live in shame and if there was no life there would be nothing. Death is part of life and life becomes a part of death. We are all living creatures and death will fall upon all of us eventually and it is our lives that should determine an eternal life of chastisement or reward. I believe in life after death.