Spyridon - Indian Head Park, Illinois

I believe in the enjoyment/ and acceptance of life as a way to cope with the stresses and dilemmas of everyday experiences.

At the age of 13/, in the 7th grade,/ I took school very seriously. Not once had I received a B on a report card, until that year. I remember how upset I was with myself and how much more dramatically/ and drastically /things played out. It added a level of stress that I hadn’t had before/, in retrospect, /because of a pointless and minor detail.

After my parents saw how frustrated I was with myself they told me how that grade would not stay with me forever. They told me that everything would go on and whether I got an A or a B, nothing would change in my life. In addition, they told me to enjoy school and accept all the problems that come along the way. At the time I did not realize exactly what my parents were trying to tell me,/ but now I more thoroughly understand the points they were trying to get across to me.

From then on learning not to focus on the little things /and more focus on the big picture was my goal./ As time passed it became easier and easier to reach my goal. I still took school seriously and worked hard, but didn’t get frustrated or upset when I didn’t do as well as I had expected on a test or in a class./ A positive outlook is what I strive for with all my work and the results.

I have learned to accept everything that happens and try to make the best of everything I do. Everyday I try to find something to look forward to, something that will highlight that day. Instead of stressing about a test, /I study hard for the tests and take them trying to have the least frustration as possible. Not only does this usually allow me to focus better, but also makes my life less stressful.

I believe that enjoying everyday,/accepting every situation,/ is the easiest way to be content, be happy with whatever it is that you do.