Scott - Manlius, New Mexico

I believe that card games should be allowed at all school districts that aren’t allowed such as the Fayetteville-Manlius School District. In the Fayetteville-Manlius School District gambling is not allowed and is a level two offense. A level two infraction is miscount whose frequency and seriousness disrupts the climate of the school and it academic purpose. This type of misconduct typically requires administrative action.

In the Fayetteville-Manlius code of conduct gambling is defined as wagering money or property. Lets face it, gambling is apart of people’s life whether it is wagering or not. So when you are playing a card game it is only gambling if you are wagering money or property. Why shouldn’t we be allowed to play a friendly card game without wagering?

Most card games are not individual which means it brings people together to play a friendly card game and make friends. Playing cards is a leisure activity that can be played almost anywhere and anytime and like all games, card games are fun, competitive, and enjoyable and should be allowed like all other leisure games. Students could play hard thinking card games like “Pitch” or “Poker” or play simple games like “Uno” and “Crazy eight’s.” Some people think that they waist their money on not the smartest thing anyways so why not be able to enjoy that money.

Gambling should be allowed if people wish to wager. Everybody in America has the freedom to play card games and play games for fun outside of school so we should be allowed to play card games in school.