Kyle - greenville, North Carolina

I Believe in Education

I believe in education, it is one of the main ingredients needed to be successful in life. I do not think you can fail in life as long as you are educated and have been through some schooling after high school. All the money or fame in the world can not amount for your education. Education is priceless; as long as you have knowledge you can overcome many situations. I do believe knowledge is power, and who ever has it, have the power to make a difference.

When I first came to college I was just coming to play football and did not care anything about school. I used to think I can make it in life and the real world with out education. I figured if I make it to the NFL, I would not need education to play for my career. So when I got hurt, I quickly realized football is not promised and does not last forever but education does. You can not play football for the rest of your life and I need my education and degree to fall back on when I am done with the sport. My football career can end at any giving moment in time, so I have to prepare myself for that by getting educated here at East Carolina University.

My definition of success in life is reaching the goals you set for yourself in life. It is a difference between goals and dreams, goals are more maintainable while a dream is a more of long shot. I set reasonable goals for myself, goals I have control of and have a great chance of reaching. I strongly feel I can reach all my goals as long as I have the proper education.