Chris - La Grange, Illinois

I believe taking time to do nothing is essential to living. Each year as you grow older it seems that there is just more and more work and commitments to do and less and less time to do them. Joining sports, clubs, and activities may be very good but doing too much during your day takes away valuable time. Putting aside a moment for yourself, I believe, helps relieve all the pressure that builds up through all the work you have to do. Keeping work with regular life in balance is needed to live happily.

Setting aside a period of time to just do what you, and only you, want to do is a necessity in my own thoughts. It does not matter what it is. It could be just watching television, reading a book, or laying down and staring at the ceiling. These all help to create an easier life. Zoning out gets rid of the pressure that builds on your shoulders as time goes on and more responsibility is laid down on you. Enjoying whatever it is that you want makes everything slow down and become easier when you do what you want.

Take a step back and look around. See what there is when you do nothing for a small fraction of time. You may solve a problem in one of those hectic activities that you believe so much in that it consumes your mind. I believe in taking time to do absolutely nothing, in other words, just chill out.