Nicole - Countryside, Illinois

Achieve What You Believe

What is believing? Believing is knowing you can do anything if you set your mind to it. I mean, sure everyone has heard this saying at least once in their life. Some people may think it is annoying, but have they ever put the statement into action. Life just passes by most people like a tornado. They go each day as if it is the worst day of their life. They put themselves down and tell themselves they could not do it if they tried. Life is going to be hard and there is no way around that. It does not make things easier to give in and tell yourself you quit. People who quit have not tried hard enough. There are some things in life that maybe you just cannot do and that you need to try something else, but the point is to try something new. People who do not care for life or what happens in it still are not going to have an easy life. They think that doing nothing will make it easier, but that is not true. You will never know what will happen unless you try and try, again and again. I do not know about others, but I would rather go through my life trying my best and maybe not succeeding all the time and being happy with myself than going through life not trying and saying that you cannot do anything. Everyone was put on this earth for some reason and even if you spend your whole life trying to figure out what that is, at least you can say that you tried and got through the hard times one step at a time. You should not try hard for others or to impress them, but you should try hard for yourself. Whether an artist, a poet, a musician, a basketball player, you are accomplishing things in life and reaching a goal.

If you look around, you can find people who did their best including Lance Armstrong, Betsy Ross, Neil Armstrong, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Edison, Rosa Parks, and many, many more. Without these people, the world would be different, as we know it. Without inspiration to be the best no one would try new things. You should always aspire to higher goals in life. If someone tries to put you down, practice harder and having a positive attitude will help. As long as you believe in yourself, then you can achieve what you dream. Every time you accomplish something, you are moving one step closer to that one perfect place.