Tori - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: love

I believe in TRUE love. I believe in this passion that two people have in a SOLID relationship; the comfort, the protection, the promises, the FUN, the contentment. I believe in this WONDERFUL thing through one special person: my grandma.

About two years ago on Christmas, my grandma received a s p e c i a l gift from my aunt. It was such a simple thing, but meant a HANDFUL of different feelings. It was a photograph that was BLOWN UP. It was BLACK and white, and in it was my grandma and grandpa embracing each other. This was one of my grandma’s f a v o r i t e pictures that she had not seen in years. My grandpa passed away twelve years ago and those years have been some of the h a r d e s t for my grandma. When she received that gift, I saw so much in her eyes. In them I saw a mixture of JOY, sadness, memory, and truth. All together, they equaled true love for my grandpa. I then saw tears; each one representing a different feeling. I believe that TRUE LOVE can be both simple and COMPLEX; one picture meaning s o m u c h. I saw how she missed him, her love, who was her e v e r y t h i n g. I saw how one person could be s o m u c h.

I NEVER thought that I would see something that is not exactly tangible. It was so clear to me that it was love I was seeing. Not only did I see the love that my grandma had shared with my grandpa, but I looked around me and saw my family; everyone smiling and exchanging gifts. Next to me were my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, siblings, and parents. All different ages, yet this one GREAT thing brought us together. The rest of that Christmas day, I was looking through someone else’s eyes that I have never looked through before. My horizons were e x p a n d e d to see and appreciate so much more in life.

I believe that TRUE LOVE is something SO STRONG, and really is priceless. It can take a while to really develop, for you to really “notice” it. I thank my grandma for showing me this; I would have never expected something SO GREAT at all start from a photograph. I now know something that is ALL o v e r the WORLD and that is such a beautiful thing; TRUE LOVE.