Adam - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: setbacks

I believe that life will go on. Every obstacle that life can throw at you, you will prevail. Whether you come out in a positive way, or a negative, you will come out. Some things take longer to end, while others may seem like the worst thing that could possible every happen to you, I believe that you will continue on.

I was cut from my seventh grade soccer team. One of about twelve kids. I thought at the time that I was done. Any hope about making the teams at LT were out of the question and that I should look into other activities such as the school musical. That year I practiced a couple times a month and got slightly better than I was the year before. I learned what I needed to work on to become a better player. I attended the LT summer camp and I learned what the coaches at LT looked for in players and attempted to hone those skills. My eight-grade year, I tried out again. I realized toward the end of the tryouts that I was now one of the better players that tried out. I’m not exactly sure if it was my practice that paid off or the fact that all the past eighth graders left to LT. I made the team that year and I played every minute of every game. I am currently on the sophomore soccer team for LT. I don’t play nearly as much, but I did make the team. I came on top of my struggle with my abilities as a soccer player. And now thinking back on what I thought in seventh grade and I realize that I would have come threw this challenge regardless of whether or not I made the team. I would come out lower than I did, but I would have learned some lessons and followed a different path than what I am following today.

No matter what obstacles get in your way, you can overcome them. You may not always get the desired results, but you will still come out. Your challenges may last longer than you may like or be harder than you imagine or require more effort than you may which to put into them, but no matter on what you do, life will go on.