Chris - Newport News, Virginia
Themes: love

Love Is

“There is only one happiness in life,

to love and be loved.”

– George Sand –

I believe in:

Love is the strong affection or liking for someone or something and can also be explained as a passionate feeling for one person or another. My beliefs about love are not that different from the typical belief it’s just a modified version or maybe a little more traditional. I feel love is something that is cherished and obtained throughout a lifetime. It depends on how you focus that energy whether it’s good or bad, it’s up to you. When I love, I love hard. There is no other way in my eyes, either you love someone or something or you don’t.

It is said that if you speak what’s in our heart, you mean what you say. In other words, love should be shared when one’s heart feels it’s ready to talk and the other person is ready to listen. Having the affection to want someone else and want to see someone else is a feeling that we want to have more often. For you to know that someone else is thinking about you and wonder what your doing is a free feeling.

Passion can be a twister because you can have passion without love, because love is hard. The reason why I love hard is because when you can earn that respect from someone and they let you in on who they are, you can’t give them half. They deserve the whole thing. I believe that love is unselfish based on the simple fact that love can take you into many directions of hope and light and even loss and darkness. When people say, “yeah, I have been in love before” what they are really saying is, “ I thought I loved her/him, but”… If you feel good enough that your love is strong, thinking of love becomes an action and an instinct. Love changes people. It heightens their senses, and every emotion is magnified. Reality is shattered and it might not even last long, an hour, three days. Nothing can ever diminish is worth. Love can make you do crazy things but the question is, how crazy are you to love back?

How can one feeling be so hard to control? Can you love without getting hurt? Is there a limit on how far you should love? These are all questions that may arise in future engagements with love and why love is a something to fragile step on. Being able to love, I believe, is one of the greatest gifts God gave to mankind, but having the ability to love back is even greater.