Becky - Greenville, North Carolina

I completely forgot this essay was due today. I wrote down the due date in my planner and even looked at the planner over the weekend but somehow the assignment still managed to slip my mind.

It was a very busy weekend. I drove from college in North Carolina back to my parents’ home in Virginia. My younger sister, a recent graduate of the airline academy, flew into Virginia to celebrate her birthday with the family. My parents left home on Sunday morning to take my mother to see a specialist at a hospital in South Carolina where she began chemotherapy treatments for the first time. I had a lot of things on my mind this weekend.

After seeing my younger brother off to school, I left to go back to North Carolina. Something made me leave earlier than I planned. I just had this feeling that I needed to head back to Greenville. I left well over an hour before I planned to leave, not knowing why at the time.

While driving, I had this feeling that something was due today and then I remembered this essay. I had several hours to think about what my beliefs really were and relate them to things happening in my life right now. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Even little things like leaving home early happen for a reason. I have had similar experiences like this before, when I do something and do not really know why at the time, that have been more serious or had more extreme consequences.

I believe in God and my faith has helped me through many tough times. I believe that the Lord has a plan for everyone and that everything will always end up okay in the end. Good things can come from the bad and it is important to always stay positive and have faith.