Lynn - Greenville, North Carolina

This I believe, that the Internet can help form romantic relationships. I believe that a person is capable of finding a potential partner on the internet. Although some people may look for physical aspects of a potential mate rather than emotional attributions, the internet can still be a good tool to help form a romantic relationship.

Many people today seem to be relying on the Internet to find a potential mate. Some reasons for relying on the Internet are because it is faster to look up someone with similar qualities as you and then talk to them or just find some one random and chat. There are plenty of online dating services, such as “,” and even some local agencies in your own hometown.

I believe that the Internet can be a reasonable source to find a potential partner to form a romantic relationship, but sometimes it might not be the answer. The reason I think this is because some people will see a picture of an individual and may think this person is for them, when they have not yet met or talked to the person. I believe that a person has to put the effort in talking to the person more to see if that person is right for them. Human attraction plays a big part when people look for their potential partners. Both males and females have their own way of selecting whom they want to be with. Some people believe that males tend to choose females by their youth, fertility, and health, while females look for youth and competitive ability in males.

As in movies, some romantic relationships can be formed by the Internet, such as the movie “You’ve got Mail.” There are quite a few essential structures to romantic love and some of them can be marriage, sex, and physical attraction, anticipation, tragedy, fear, crying, and/or meaningful activity. Many people may use love scenes from movies to portray how they might like someone or to show how they should act when it comes to falling in love and being romantic with the one they love. Therefore, as in the movie “You’ve got Mail,” you can form a bond by emailing or instant messaging through the Internet. In movies, romantic love can be portrayed as something that can last forever, which makes people believe that their love will stay that way.

Although the Internet is not a safe place to form a romantic relationship, I believe that it can be done. As though dating agencies and through movies, I believe that the internet can help form a romantic relationship.