Jeff - Brookfield, Illinois

I believe in keeping your friends close. Friends are an important part of life, and everyone has at least one close friend. My friends have always been with me to make me laugh, but they’ve also been there to help me when I was in need.

When my grandfather died, I was at my friend’s house with some of my other friends, and my mom called me and told me that he had past away. He was very close to me, so I was very sad, but luckily my friends were there and they helped me get over it. And whenever I’m at a funeral or a wake for a family member of mine, I always look forward to my friends who come by. It isn’t I don’t want to be with my family, but my friends are able to comfort me more then my family can, because my family’s sad like I am. But my friends aren’t sad so they’re able to cheer me up and make me feel better about it. My friends have always been there for me, and that’s why I don’t take any of them for granted.

Even though some of my friends may be closer to be then others, I still cherish all of them. And even though I have friends that I have lost touch with over the past few years, I still talk to them and make sure that we keep in touch, because if you let your connections between your friends deteriorate, then you lose that friend, and friends are too precious to lose.

I also choose my friends carefully. I do not want a friend who is going to stab me in the back, or take advantage of me, because I have had “friends” who have done that to me. My friends are people that I can trust with anything, and I don’t want to have friends that I know will act nice to my face, but talk about me and treat me like dirt the moment I’m not there, because that isn’t what a friend is.

So what I am saying is that friends are one of the greatest things to have in life. I could be rich and have everything, but I would not be anything without my friends, because my friends have helped me when I was down, and they have brought out the best in me.