Matthew - Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Themes: freedom

I believe in the freedom of belief. In all respect, there is no living person with the ability to see what really is. Therefore, no one can possibly know what came before birth and what will come after death. I believe that all people have varying experiences; therefore, their beliefs on how things are will be proportionately different.

With this in mind, it would be valid to accept all areas of belief as possible rather than doubt anything. An agnostic’s belief is built upon the basis of doubt, whereas my belief is built upon the basis of possibility and integration. I think it is absolutely plausible that a God created the first cell that pervaded and evolved into the universe, as we know it. I also believe it is possible that science and fate and God are all different ways of looking at the same thing. All forms of belief, including religion and science, exist solely to give purpose and meaning to the life that we live.

As humans, we are given only a hint to what are lives really mean, so to compensate, we create strings of belief pertaining to our experiences that seem to each of us most feasible. All in all, we live completely separate lives with completely different experiences. We cannot possibly determine what is because it’s out of our grasp.