Elizabeth - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe that friends can make any experience into an adventure. You don’t need anything big and expensive to have a great time. You can find joy in anything if you are with a good friend.

My friend, Katie and I have known each other since we were 6-years-old. We know everything there is to know about each other. We know each other so well we don’t even have to say anything to one another to get our point across. All it takes is a look. We know each other’s mannerisms, humor, fashion sense. We can even tell when the other is lying. We can even tell when the other is lying. Katie and I hang out together so much we sometimes even end up running mundane errands with each other’s families. We go grocery shopping, to the bank, even to the dentist. However, no matter how dull the setting, Katie and I always manage to have a fun and exciting time.

For instance, last month, Katie’s mom had to buy a new sink for their house, so Katie and I were forced to come along to EXPO with her to shop for one. What you would think to be a boring and uneventful trip to a home appliance store turned into a thrilling adventure, as strange as it sounds. Katie and I found toilets of every color; we jumped in and out of bathtubs and showers; we spun around and around under the ceiling fans until we were too dizzy to stand up. We were like two kids in a candy store, however , we were actually just two kids in a home appliance store, but we had just as much fun. Instead of moping around, and being bitter that we had been forced to come along on the trip to find a new sink, we decided to make the experience a good one and make an adventure out of it.

You don’t need travel far away to some distant land to find an adventure. All you need to do is find a friend and they’ll lead you to unexpected excitement. I believe with a friend by your side you can make any experience into an adventure.