Cameron - Western Springs, Illinois

Our Life Is In Our Hands

I believe that life is what we make of it and we have complete authority over it. Some people believe in predestination and fate and that whatever happens in their life happens because they have no control over it. I however, believe that we control and create our life through our choices and thoughts.

Everyday we are faced with more choices, choices that affect our life maybe short term or even possibly choices that can affect the rest of our life. Either way each choice is followed with a consequence and those consequences are what affect our future and our next choices. When we are little these choices are less obvious because we are still to young to completely think for ourselves. However when we become young adults or adults, these choices begin to become more apart of our life and have more impact on it. Soon we are faced with the choices of what friends to choose, to take drugs or not, to try hard in school. Some people may say “ That kid was destined to be bad” but I find this statement to be false. No matter under what circumstances somewhere along the line the kid made a choice on what path he wanted to take in life. These choices people make play a major role in the outcome of what their life will be like.

Our lives are also controlled by our thoughts which are constantly swimming threw our minds as we go through our days. Each thought also is a negative or positive thought and I believe that positive thoughts attract positive things in our life, while negative thoughts attract negative things in our life. In other words, if we think in a positive mindset during our days we will create positive things in our life. For example, when a pitcher gives up a home run during a baseball game he usually starts giving up more runs or hits or even more homeruns. This is because after the pitcher has given up a home run he starts to get a out of the zone and negative thoughts go through his head and therefore he starts playing worse because he attracting this energy with his thoughts. This example can also apply to life. Think of life as one big mental game and when you start to win and think more positive than negative, your life becomes more positive and better.

Although many people may take a different view on life, I believe one thing that is for sure, we control every aspect of it. Whether it is through our thoughts or choices, life is what we make it.