Jack - La Grange Park, Illinois
Themes: sports

I believe in the St. Louis Cardinals.

Since I was born, there has only been one baseball team in my life. That team is the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals have been in my family for many generations. My grandmother’s love for the team was passed on to my dad, which in turn was passed on to me. I follow the red birds every day and live and die by their games.

My first baseball game was in St. Louis, watching the team with forty thousand other people just like me. St. Louis is a great city and I believe they have the best baseball fans in the world, though others would argue. A sea of red lines the stands as the cardinal faithful cheer on their team. The atmosphere is so electric and exciting that I often lose my voice from yelling so loud. When I’m not at a Cardinals game in person, I love watching them on television or listening to them on the radio and experiencing all the emotions that come with the game. I have experienced many close games and close calls, wins and losses, division titles and pennant races.

Whenever the cardinals win, I am in a good mood and if they lose, the opposite. I loathe whomever the Cardinals play and often find myself in heated arguments with Chicago Cubs fans. Sometimes it is hard being a Cardinals fan in the city of Chicago because other people are always against me because the Cubs and Cardinals are such great rivals. I will always boast about the strengths of my team and avoid talking about the weaknesses. People may view me as stubborn and ignorant, but all I can say is that I love the Cardinals. It doesn’t matter if the Cardinals are in first place in the division or last place, my devotion to the team will never change. My spirit has been lifted and my heart has been broken, but one thing will never change and that is my love for the St. Louis Cardinals.