Joe - Burr Ridge, Illinois

I believe in to just stop thinking it over and stop procrastinating and do it. When I was younger I was chosen to go on stage at Nickelodeon Studios for a game. As they were preparing me and dressing me in a suit I was to busy thinking on what was happening and all the people there and what to do, I told to the lady I wanted to go back and sit down with my parents. As watching the kid that took my place from the audience have a blast on stage sliming other kids and getting slimed I was very disappointed. When I look back and think about it I wish I could have gone on stage, and maybe I would have been in the same place as I am now but I would have had the memory that I got up on stage and got slimed.

Last year I was not going to try out for the Lacrosse team because once again I thought, I thought that I was not going to make it. Until my friend told me to try out the day before try outs, and said what is the worst thing that could happen, so I tried out and I made it and got a lot of playing time too. I did not think about it I just did it. Was I the best absolutely not, but now I love the sport because I just tried out for it, just did it.

If everyone just stopped and thought then our lives would be boring, most of our memories have come from one of your friends doing something fun and crazy or you did something fun or crazy, I mean when your friends stands up on a table and starts dancing you think they thought about it, but to you it was hilarious, and you would never forget it. I have talked myself out of doing really fun things just because I was scared. I regret not doing some of those things because I was afraid of what people would think, but if I did then I would have had so much fun. I would have met so many more people and had so many more fun and memorable experiences if I just did it and not over analyze the situation.

I believe that we would all just have more fun if we just went with our natural reaction instead of thinking it over to many times and eventually talking yourself out of what ever you were planning on doing.