Lauren - Grant Park, Illinois

I believe that dreams come true.

As long as I can remember when someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I said I wanted to be a ballerina. I’ve been taking dance lessons since I was four and I couldn’t imagine myself doing anything else but dancing. When I got a little bit older and the same question came up, only this time it was where are you going to college and what are you going to major in. That’s when I second guessed myself. Could I really be a dancer for the rest of my life? Do I really have to pick a typical job that won’t really make me happy and that I will regret for the rest of my life? Everyone always said that you’ll need a backup plan when that fails. Thats when i said your dream will only fail if you let them. My mom has always told me to follow my dreams and if I believe in myself they will come true. So that’s what I did. I chose a college where I could major in dance. I chose a school where my dreams could come true. I now attend Columbia, the school of dreams. People come to this school to follow their dreams and that’s exactly what I did. I will succeed in this and my dreams will come true.