Anna - Western Sprintgs, Illinois

The Importance of Friendship

I was extremely nervous to start Lions Township high school, not only was it an extremely large school, there Anna Steider

would be almost ten times as many people than there were in my junior high if not more. My parents told me it would be an amazing experience but that’s what all parents say so I wasn’t exactly comforted. As I walked to my locker on the first day I was met with a group of my friends, there comforting voices and support made me realize that as long as I had my friends with me I could make it through anything, even High school. I believe in the importance of friendship. Friendship is what helps us get through some of our hardest times.

Your family can’t always be there to protect you, now that I am in high school I’m away from home for most of the day, and it’s my friends that I count on to be there for me. High school is an amazing experience, but I believe what really makes it amazing is the countless friendships’ that are made during this time. Friendships can be with anyone, one of my closet friends is my neighbor Mrs. Cutt. She has always been there for me for as long as I’ve known her whether it’s just coming over for some cookies and a talk or getting help an advice about school. She has become a huge part of my life, and its comforting to know that I can go to her for help when I need it. Friendships are what make our experiences in life fun. Whether is going shopping or just hanging out at my house I always what to have one of my friends with me.

When you’re a friend, you make an impact on that other persons life, I don’t know how many times my parents have talked about here old high school friends, many who they are still friends with, and all the fun times they had with them. My parents where impacted by there friends through the memories that they share. My friends have impacted my life through the experiences we’ve had as well as the help and comfort they have provided me through experiences such as starting high school.

Friendship is one of the most important aspects of our life. It is what shapes our life in so many ways, whether it’s just hanging out after school or giving support in a time of need. We are the person we are today because of the impact our friends have had on us as well as the impacts we have had on others.