Kelsey - LaGrange, Illinois

The Power of Dreams

I believe in dreams. Dreams are a series of thoughts, images, or emotions. Dreams occur while sleeping, daydreaming, or perhaps even just while thinking. It can be realistic or fictional, attainable or unattainable, but whatever it is that you dream, it is yours to keep forever.

You never forget a dream, and there can be dreams that you may actually want to experience realistically. Some can be the opposite, you may never want to experience certain dreams, but they will prepare you and make you stronger for when these events do present themselves.

Dreams are different for everyone, and there are many ways to interpret dreams. Some build us up, while others may bring us down. To one person, a dream could be what they are living for, and then there are those that drift away as just another silly thought.

I believe in the type of dream that can be considered a goal. My mother always told me, “follow your dreams and you can’t go wrong.” I recall these words everyday and they are very important in my every day life. Dreams are pictures of what you want in life, so when following dreams, how can you possibly be disappointed? If you follow your dreams, you will never be able to look back and regret. If you strive for your dreams the only gain is a feeling of warmth, gladness, and accomplishment. It is always better to fight for what you want rather than just sitting back and not making anything happen.

My greatest dream is to have a family of my own: a husband, four kids, and a dog. I want to live in a house that has a large front window so I can look out and see my children playing in the yard. I imagine my family acting quite similarly to the way my family is now, a very close-knit, loving type of family. This was my mother’s dream, and for her it came true. I hope that one day I will be able to tell my children the same thing.

I will always strive for my dreams, no matter how great or small and I will never forget those few simple words my mother told me.