Rachel - Countryside, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

I Believe

Many different beliefs are found around our world. They come from influences from our families, peers, and general public. One belief that I have been taught since I was a young child and have held onto was to reach for your dreams. Through the influences of my surroundings, reaching and fighting for your dreams seems to have a huge impact on so many. Our dreams and goals are what make us in the future, and if you let those dreams slide by, you may never become that person you have always aspired to be.

One to many times, I have heard adults say, “If only I could have done this” or “If only I could have taken this opportunity” and so on and so forth. The dreams we all have as children and teens really can shape our future. My mother has always told me that “If you love, go for it”. I believe that we as human beings should all take that to heart. The things we love and have always aspired for really make us our own individual people and lead us into our futures. The careers we will choose and the places we will go, typically lean on our own goals and dreams. I personally do not want to wake up every morning and regret the job I have to go to. I would rather work hard, and fight, fight for my every dream that was placed in my heart.

We as teenagers in America have the largest selection of job choices and careers that we can look into. We have so many opportunities and doors open to us to take and really go for our goals yet; so many people in America regret where they are. They wish they would have spent more time in school or gone a different direction with their lives. I believe that if we listen to what our hearts say now, we won’t have to change our future plans. As high school students, we all have so many eyes looking at us; watching our every move, wondering what step we will take next. I believe that if we reach for our dreams now, we can make the difference for generations to come. That may sound like a long stretch, but we can do it. So let’s start now. Listen to our hearts, and follow our dreams, and let’s see what we can do to change this place.