Bridget - Lagrange Park, Illinois

I Believe that Everything Happens for a Reason

Why? A common question which people must face everyday. Why did this happen? Why did that happen? Although the answer may not be clear at times, I can say that I have learned to believe that everything in life happens for a reason. Whether the event is good or bad there is a reason that it happens. I have learned that whenever something bad has happened in my life, I have been able to come out as a stronger person.

I can remember when I developed this belief was when my grandpa died when I was eight years old. It was my first experience with death and I couldn’t understand why it had to happen. But in time I learned that death is a part of life and everyone has to go through losing someone. In the end, I was able to come out of that loss a stronger person because I had to learn how to move on after loss instead of letting myself dwell on that thought forever.

Knowing that everything happens for a reason also helps me to enjoy every good moment of my life. I know that at any given time life can change in an instant so therefore I should value everything in my life that is good. Enjoying everything that is positive in life also is helpful in getting over bad times in life. If I can see the positives amongst the hard times in life it can make me a stronger person because I can put all of the negative thoughts out of my mind.

My belief that everything happens for a reason helps me to deal with any kind of disappointment or hard time that I may experience in my life. I can take a lesson out of any event that I may come across and use it to make myself a stronger person and prepare myself for anything that could happen in the future. Believing that every event in my life has some reason for occurring helps me to overcome any hard times in my life but appreciate all of the good things that life has to offer.