Dick - Northbrook, Illinois
Age Group: 65+

Given the freedom and support that Unitarianism affords me, the following is a summary of what I have concluded:

On a personal level, I see a great deal of Joy and Cooperation in the natural world. I take this to mean that Joy or happiness is a right of each of us and is even a responsibility. We should cooperate to maximize the happiness in every life. Part of doing that is for each of us to try to maintain a happy, optimistic outlook.

Again on a personal level, I think each of us has a Soul that inspired, energized, and guided our beginning, development, and growth. It is the force that enlivens every particle of our bodies, and works to maintain our health. It is the origin of our unique interests and talents, which we have because our Souls have intentions for the role each of us should play in life. When it withdraws from the body, the body becomes inert and immobile, and ceases to function in any way. Further, every cell of the body immediately begins to decay. Upon our death, its reason for existence gone, the Soul fades back into the Creative Power from whence it came.

Our natural state is a condition of integration of Body, Consciousness, and Soul. But the three are continually being pulled apart by the fascinations, frustrations, and challenges of life in the real world. This can lead to a life contrary to the intentions of our souls, it can lead to poor health, and to a lack of success and fulfillment. This can be avoided by daily meditation, allowing Body , Consciousness, and Soul to regularly drift back into closer integration, resulting in a life of authenticity, health, and success.