Lottie - Indian Head Parl, Illinois

My whole life I have been following the examples set by others. Every moment in my childhood was a moment I took in and tried to figure out its meaning. Since I was a baby, I have been learning how to get through life in the ways I learned how to. I remember my experiences and act on them. The biggest experience of my early life is my family.

I believe in the influence of family. My family, like any others’, has been with me my whole life. The things they say or do not say, and the things they do or do not do has an impact on me as it does to any other. Families were created to grow and love; shelter and care for; smile and frown upon; laugh and cry. Families protect us and teach us our whole lives. I follow in my families footsteps and ask them for guidance. If it is for advice or even for help, my family is there and it is their job to be able to encourage me throughout my days.

Aunts and uncles; cousins and siblings; parents and grandparents; they influence me in my thoughts, actions and even my looks. Even when they are not around me I am still being influenced, but it is not always by my family.

I believe in the influence of friends. I am around so many other people besides my family it is hard not to make friends. Like families, friends help and guide me throughout our friendship, especially during our teenage years when we go through puberty and cannot stand our parents. My adolescent years are the years when I need the most help in getting through. I need to talk to people who are going through what I am experiencing. What I most of the time do not realize is that my parents probably went through the same things and have plenty of advise for me. I tend to think it is cool to spend time with lots of friends rather that my parents. Friends pressure me to do things intentionally and unintentionally and it could either be good or bad. I am being influenced all the time by the ways of my friends. All I want to do is be like my friends and have my friends want to be my friends.

At any given time I could be watching, listening to, thinking about, or doing the things that I was influenced to do. It only takes the people around me to motivate me and keep me going.

I believe in the influence of family and friends.