Megan - Brookfield, Illinois

Fun

I believe in having fun, making things fun and just plain fun. When people have fun they enjoy life much more. Life is all about treasuring as many minutes of it as you can.

When I was little I liked to use my imagination a lot of the time to keep me occupied. What is wrong with using your imagination as you get older too? Just because we are supposed to be more “mature”, does not mean we can not have fun anymore. Share some jokes with friends, but be sure that they understand that you are just joking. Try finding ways to make school fun. Be creative. Use your imagination. Do what ever it takes to think “out side of the box” and to ensure you are having fun.

When I get together with my cousins, whether it is going to someone’s house or just hanging out wherever we can meet, we have more fun than you could imagine. I think this is the best example of what having fun means to me, being with people you love and having a good time. As long as we are together, no matter where we are and no matter how bored we get, even taking a simple walk to Wal-Mart becomes a blast. People will stare at us but that’s okay, we just joke, “Yah, we know were cool” or “they are just jealous.”

I love to be creative, so even when I am cleaning my room I find ways to make it fun and not “boring” or like something I “have to do.” Like my fourth grade teacher used to say, “There is nothing in life you “have” to do besides die and pay taxes.” In my opinion being serious all the time is just plain boring. Of course that is not one-hundred percent true, but one can wish. Making things fun is how you can get through with some of what may seem like the “worst things in the world” but sometimes they can turn out to be extremely fun and enjoyable. Maybe it is going to a family party or some kind of formal event. As long as you go, planning to have a good time you may be able to get a lot out of your experience.

Having fun is what life is all about. Life is way too short to be serious all the time and to get bored. Remembering the limits of fun is also a good lesson, but when times allow for fun, go for it! We only have so much time left on this planet. My best advice is to make the best out of it. Have fun, enjoy yourself, and live life to the fullest!