Caterina - LaGrange, Illinois

I Believe in Me

I believe in me. Simply who I am is what I am going to be and if you don’t like it, then that’s your problem. The person that I am is me and I wouldn’t change it for the world. To fit in and be “normal” or anything of that nature, or to get friends, because that is not who my friends really are. I am only what I make of my self and what my friends help me to be.

I know that people will probably contradict me when I say that my friends help me to be me. But they do, some people would argue that, that is not me, that that is them, but they are a part of who I am, a big part. So the things that they make of me are me.

I am only what I make of my self nothing more, and nothing less. To be controlled by other people’s ideas is not me. I have to do what is right for me and be who I am. Because being some one that your not doesn’t get you real friends or make you cool. Being who you are, if people can accept you for that, then those are your true friends and true friends are the ones that will always be there for you no matter what. They are the ones that will help you really be you.

I had friends a few years ago, who really didn’t take me as me. They tried to change me and at first I let it happen because I wanted to still be friends with them. But then I realized that if I wasn’t me, I was only a creation of them that I would never get any ware that way. Always changing for some ones whim is no way to live your life, and I learned that. I ended up losing those friends, when I decided not to be who they wanted me to be, and for a while I was lost. But now I am better off and I know it’s because I chose to be me.

I believe in me because in the long run some times that is all you can really rely on. Being me is what I do and who I am. There’s no point in being some one else because that is just a charade, and every actor gets tired of playing a part. So how can I or anyone expect me to play a part better then an actor? So I believe in me because that is who I am and every thing I know I can believe in. For if you can not believe in your self, you really don’t have much now do you???