Rosy - Dalton, Georgia

I believe that God has the control of everything. When I was little I lived with my mom, two brothers and sister. I had a good childhood but I could not understand why my father had to be away from us for periods of time, now I realize that if he had not been here all that time, we had not had the opportunity to come to this country and a chance to have a better life.

When I was a teenager I did not understand why I had to go to a school where I did not speak the language and did not have any friends, I would cry every night hoping to go back home, but I did not realize that God would give new friends, friends that are there for me even now days, and being bilingual has given more and better opportunities to help people and help me at the same time.

When I became a woman I got married and had two children. I was happy until my marriage started crumbling down and finally it ended up in a divorce. I did not or could not understand how God had permitted my children and I go through that? How could He leave those children without a father? There were times where my children and I would be looking at a photo album and we’d come across a photo with their dad in it and they would ask me, how come their dad was not with us anymore? And I did not know what to answer. But now I realize if we had not gone through that situation, I could not have become the strong and courageous person that I am right now. As for my children, I know that God let them go through that with me, to give me a reason to live and to show me His pure and unconditional love through them.

I cannot explain why some things like wars, hunger or natural disasters happen in the world, but I can tell you that miracles happen everyday. Just like there are wars there is also peace in Christ, just like there is hunger there is also bread of life, Jesus Christ. And just like there are natural disasters there is calm and tranquility in God.

Sometimes I’d go through situations that might not understand but I believe that things happen for a reason and sometimes I get so cut up in the small things that I miss to see the whole picture. I not only believe but I know that God has control of myself, my life and my family because He has shown to me countless times that He is with me. Maybe my problems will never go away but along with my problems always come the solutions and just when I think that my problem is impossible to solve, a miracle happens, like the time He healed my son of asthma. For that, and for many more things I believe God has control of everything (or at least of my life).