Nicholas - Mocksville, North Carolina

Responsibility has recently grabbed me by the throat and I am starting to realize the importance of good grades, a good GPA, and even just making my parents proud.

Getting into college is starting to look even more unreachable than before. I am planning on going to film school and every college I look at seems too demanding of what I think I could accomplish. After giving it a long hard thought, my grades have gotten better and I even catch myself studying for tests even though that’s not normally part of my agenda.

Film school is going to be tough to get into and I am almost going to have to rely on my portfolio to get me into college. The bad part about that is, I have to throw one together by January, which gives me a whopping 3 months. Luckily I have supportive parents that are doing all they can to help me get my portfolio together and motivate me to get better grades, rather than threaten me if I end up with bad grades. All I can do for now is step up to the plate and give responsibility all I’ve got.

Since the sixth grade my grades have been pretty disappointing. When I finally realize how important getting into college and getting good grades are, its almost too late. I guess if I could go back in time and change one thing, it would be my total reliance on procrastination and my excuse, “It will get done, why do it now?”