Kevin - Countryside IL 60525, Illinois

Holding a Grudge

I believe in not holding a grudge with another person. All throughout my life I have noticed that angry people are bad people. I figured that life and the world around me would be better off without another mad person.

About two years ago my dad got remarried and I was not really ready for some stranger to start living in my house. I was extremely stressed out around that time. I thought that if my dad did this, I would never be happy again. After he got married my sister and I wanted to go crazy because of all of the fighting between us and my step mom. My dad was sick of hearing us arguing all of the time and he kept getting mad at all of us. I then realized that if I was mad, the people around me would get sucked into a black hole of depression. I would not want to put my family and friends through all of that so I decided to forgive and forget.

I can see other people who stay mad at someone else for years and years. I could always tell that that hatred had burned a hole in that persons mind. My dad is really upset with my mom and she is mad at him because they are split up and they constantly fight over stupid things. If they could just let it go I know that my family would be a lot nicer and happier.

The same thing goes with all of my friends. I am usually in the middle of all of their situations and sometimes I am the cause of them. There are maybe two sub groups in my group of friends. A few of them from each group do not like the ones on the other side. Like one time, my friend Kyle was mad at Dustin because he made fun of his pants. I see them waste their time being upset and it makes me angry! Probably the best thing to do sometimes is just walk away and forget it even happened. If you stay angry at someone you do not like, you are more likely to be the one who is sad and angry because you spent so much effort on something unnecessary. I believe that you should not hold a grudge on someone, because you will feel a lot better in the end.