Laurel - Sanford, North Carolina

Luck or Faith?

I believe there is a particular reason for everything that happens in life. Even in the everyday situations life throws at us there is a reason why those things happen. Some people go through life bombarded with challenges while others experience joy and happiness throughout most of their life. Depending on what you believe, these situations can be attributed to “luck” or, on the other hand, a person can give credit to God for always looking out and always being there. I believe God has a purpose for everything and only gives us what we can handle. Some people live their lives each day and never look back. They never pay attention to the small things that happen every day, but are the first ones to blame someone when something goes wrong.

For instance, say that you are someone who is always hurrying and rushing everywhere you need to go. Imagine one day you are not paying attention at a stoplight and are delayed in your response to go when the light turns green. As you look up and begin to go through the intersection, you notice that a car has just gone through a red light. If you would have been paying attention you could have been in a terrible accident and may have been killed. Now, do you look at this as something that just happened or do you humbly thank God for saving your life? Your response to the situation would depend on your faith and relationship with God. Rainy days put some people in a bad mood while other people thank God for watering his beautiful Earth. When God paints a rainbow in the sky some people marvel in its beauty, while others never notice it in the business of life. Life presents situations to us every day; however, the way we handle these situations depends on the outcome of the situations. There are larger situations that happen for a particular reason and sometimes it takes time before you realize what the real purpose was. There are many times when we don’t understand how there could be a positive reason for a situation occurring, but in the end, God has the perfect plan for all of us if we just let him control our lives. So I believe people should be thankful for every situation that they are faced with and try to look at the positive side of things. Everything happens for a reason, you just have to take the time to figure out what that reason may be. There are many times when we are not supposed to see the purpose until later in life, while other times, we need to slow down and just enjoy life and watch our lives unfold. If our lives were perfect then we would quickly become bored and want more from life. So I believe people should be thankful for every situation that hey are faced with and try to look at the positive side of things. Everything happens for a reason, you just have to take time to figure out what that reason may be.