Isabella - Western Springs, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in tomorrow. Don’t you ever find yourself just wishing that it could be tomorrow? Maybe you have a test or an interview that you just want to get over with. Maybe you have just participated in a contest or an election and cannot wait to see what the results are. Or just maybe, tomorrow is supposed to be the day that your brand new relative is going to be born and you just cannot wait! I know that I find myself wishing that it could be tomorrow at least once a week. Tomorrow holds so many wonderful, exciting new things as well as occasional awful, unexpected surprises.

Waiting for tomorrow can be suspenseful, but at the same time rewarding. The night I tried out for my school’s musical, the suspense of not knowing weather I was going to make the show or not was killing me. I longed to know if I had landed the lead, a chorus member, or not made it altogether. That night I lay in my bed tossing and turning, asking myself the same question, ‘Is it morning yet?’ It was reassuring to know that someway, somehow, tomorrow was going to come. I was going to learn my fate, just not yet. When I finally got to school the next morning, I was greeted with the pleasant surprise that I had in fact made it into the musical. So, it seems that waiting for tomorrow had actually paid off.

Often times, tomorrow holds the answers to the problems of today. How many times have you found yourself thinking, ‘If only I had known that earlier.’ Sometimes today’s decision is so massive and unclear that you need to just put if off for a time. Thus the expression “I think I’ll sleep on it.” Tomorrow brings great ideas. Once, I was trying to memorize a speech for a speech class I was involved in. The memorization was coming along very slowly and I felt like I was never going to get the speech into my head. I went to bed that night, fed up and frustrated. When I awoke in the morning, I could almost recite the speech perfectly. It was as if my mind had been renewed and tomorrow had worked its miracles. Tomorrow can make the funniest things happen.

I don’t know where I would be without knowing that I had another day ahead of me. Tomorrow gives the assurance that you still have a chance to complete that task that you never got to finish today. Tomorrow gives you the relief that the worst that happened today will all be over…tomorrow. Tomorrow holds that certain dream that you have been yearning for and tells you that it may come true…tomorrow. Tomorrow hold the hope for the future. Tomorrow assures that it will continue on, that there will be more tomorrows to come, even after the closest one is through. We should all take a lesson from that wise little girl Annie, who once said “Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you’re always a day away.”