Preston - Arlington, Texas
Themes: children

When a child begins to give his opinion about a topic, it often times seems naïve, all too foolish, and utterly uneducated. I believe, though, that such ignorance is not present in children. As a small boy, my parents would talk finances when money was low, and I never understood everything that they said. Nonetheless, I would come up with my own solutions. I’d say, “Just go out and get some, Mom!” Needless to say, we couldn’t if such money did not exist. They tried to explain their concept of money to me, but I stood my ground, simply saying, “Just go get some!”

I find my idea unrealistic, but not so foolish. I truly thought that we could go and buy more money with what money we did have. Buying money with money, how absurd! My innocent idea, remaining untouched by the pollution of society, gives a valuable lesson. The concept taken out of my idea—money does not have as much value as it seems. Why, it can’t even buy more money!

I believe that children possess the ability to make our world look so ridiculous. For instance, the world of a child shows no prejudice. The world of a child shows no hint of what we call ‘sophistication’. Kids just do as they please. Certain instances occur in our lives that do not exist in the life of a child. When children argue, they will only do so for a small amount of time. They can forgive each other so quickly that, after a brutal argument, they act as if the quarrel never took place.

I believe that children define purity in every sense. They enjoy every minute of every day. Work, such as chores, becomes a nuisance. They will rid of these inconveniences to go outside and play. Kids can find joy in such small things that we sometimes overlook, such as a toy car or a blanket. How dreadful it is to see this as foolish! A child can make everyday problems seem so insignificant. Wearing deodorant—the only thing on my agenda that does not exist in that of a child. A normal child has to live the majority of their time doing ordinary, small tasks such as eating, watching television, and putting clothes on. However, these everyday tasks become everyday challenges. Little Johnny not only has to eat, but strives to eat every hint of those green beans on his plate. A kid not only watches television for their own entertainment but also to learn how to read, count, and even speak other languages, all on their own will. Putting on clothes, for a tot, is not so simple. Tying shoes is a challenge for their miniature hands to do. Going to work, which corresponds to going to school, becomes not only an everyday job, but a struggle to learn. Not to mention, a child practically lives in his own society, along with his peers; he lives in a very socially-oriented community. Winning a game of tag, a simple child’s game to us, defines a child’s competitive skills!

I believe in the purest, most compassionate creatures on our planet—children. Their everyday life looks down upon ours. Their struggles, philosophies, and knowledge of the world express no foolishness. For one finds that in trying to teach children, one becomes the pupil, and the child—the teacher. I believe in children. This, I believe.