Karen - Columbus, Indiana

This I believe…

I believe in wonderment. I believe in the wonderment of children who have no soccer schedules, no television, no anything…except hours to play outside. I believe in the wonderment of sky gazing without the hoopla of fireworks. I believe in the wonderment that one feels when looking into the heart of a grandfather telling a story from the past, and I believe in hearing those stories again and again. Sometimes when I have nothing to do, the wonderment of God still amazes me.

Wonderment….ahh that is what is missing from a world filled with programs, schedules, cell phones, and technology. When did we stop sitting on the porch sipping tea and talking to neighbors? Where did the wonderment of the world go? I still believe in it. I still believe that we can slow down and daydream. I still believe that it is essential to our lives. This I believe but only when I stop running and begin to flow within my nature, my inner being. Stop the chaos. Stop the spinning. Take a stroll through the park and find a wild flower and breath. Take in its natural beauty and fill your mind with the wonderment of it all. Find the peace that comes with nothingness. Find the true beauty of wonderment and soak in the sunshine of it all. Fill your world with simple wonders, breath deeply and do it more and more each day.

This is what I believe…..