Quentin - Indianola, Iowa
Themes: community

I believe that the people I surround myself with and the decisions I make with them make me who I am. The important people that I have surrounded myself with our family and friends. While growing up and to this day my family plays an important part in my life. I have a family that is very caring, compassionate, and loving. I have a tight knit family that includes an over protective mother, a caring father, and an adorable younger sister. We all count on each other to be there for one another and support each other during good and bad times. My parents have been role models and individuals for me to respect. They help me grow as an individual by teaching me numerous life lessons from their experience. Jacquelyn my sister has taught me just as many lessons in life and a very important one patience, but I still love her.

As I have went through school the people I was around more and more are my friends. These are the people who have had a huge impact on my life too. These impacts have not always been good but, they have not all been bad. I have friends that I am close enough to that I could consider a brother or sister. They have helped me through many rough times and have been there to enjoy all of the rewards of life that we were lucky enough to be given. Friends are the people I need around me to help me realize hard truths about life. My family has always been supportive and said I could do anything. Friends are the people there to make you realize that some things might be a little out of my reach. They still back me if I decide to go through with them. Friends just like my family are always there to help me up when I fall and to help set me in the right direction again. I think friends are just as important as family due to the fact that I can choose my friends I cannot always choose everyone in my family or extended family.

The major role that friends and family play in my life leads me to believe that they have made me who I am today. The many lessons and events that have been shared and our continued to be shared have molded me. This is what I believe.