Brandon - Indianola, Iowa
Themes: love

9/25/06

I believe in true love. I believe when two people connect eyes when they first see each other they can fall in love. Almost two years ago I fell in love with Becky. Sure, I’ve had other girlfriends but she was different. The first time I saw her I need I was in love. I told my self that I wanted to marry this girl. I was only around her for a couple of hours!

For the first couple weeks we saw each other once a week, usually on Sunday watching movies. After about a month we started to hang out two or three times a week and officially were dating. I can remember emailing my mom after we confirmed our relationship and told my mom that I found the girl that wanted to marry. I usually never talk to my mom about my girlfriends but for some reason I knew that Becky was the one.

After a few months Becky told me that she was going on a May Term trip to Thailand and Vietnam. Before she left on the trip I told her I loved her for the first time. We both new we loved each other but we never said any thing about it. The feeling that went through my body was intense. I was sweating and nervous about her response. She looked me in the eyes and told me that she loved me too.

Three weeks away from Becky was killing me. I thought this was a test on how much we love each other and how strong our feelings are. The three weeks went fast and summer was here. We lived four hours from each other and I drove to Des Moines about every weekend to see her. Well summer flew by too. When school started Becky planned a semester abroad months before we started dating. I thought three weeks was a long time away from her. Three months was torturous. This was a true test on how much we love each other. I emailed her about everyday and I spoke with her about every Sunday on the phone.

My definition of true love is simply love that gets tested. I don’t think that I would love Becky as much as I do if those events didn’t happen. I am now happily engaged to Becky and I know that I have been tested and I have passed the test. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with her and I actually excited about my next test of true love.