Nathan - Indianola, Iowa

So many thoughts come to mind when a person has to sit down and think about what the core values of their beliefs are. You have to decide what is not just important but what you value the most from all those other important things. Millions of things come to mind but narrowing them all down to one seems impossible.

I think to know what you believe you have to know where you come from. If you don’t know your past then it is hard to prepare for the future in my mind. There is nothing special about where I have been but it has been those subtle experiences that have shaped my life.

Growing up I learned right from wrong and the consequences that can result from those decisions. Almost all of these core values resulted from my upbringing in the church. The Christian beliefs that I was taught then have been instrumental in determining who I am today. I believe that Jesus did walk the earth and did die for me and I believe that spending eternity in heaven is the by far the best option I have laying in front of me. I believe that I was created to a part of something that is much larger than me, and that is why I hold my Christian beliefs so high.

Secondly I believe each person should be treated with the utmost respect and needs to be held responsible for every action that he or she decides to pursue. These virtues have instrumental in allowing me to progress as far as I have in life, even with the short amount of time it has been. I play the game of football and the game of life with the thought of these two ideals behind every step.

Every person needs to examine themselves to know exactly who they are and what they stand for. I believe too many people today are willing to go with whatever the “other” person wants. Once a person decides where they stand, they will be able to lead their own life and those around them. That is what I believe.